Phone: (407) 536-7779
Fax: (407) 392-1870
- Business Formation, Transactions, and Sales
- Commercial Litigation
- Small Business Litigation
- Private Placements (Regulation D Securities)
- Construction Litigation
- Construction Liens
- Intellectual Property
- The Florida Bar
- Florida State Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
Jordan L. Donaldson
Attorney Jordan L. Donaldson focuses his practice on assisting small- and mid-cap businesses with legal and business issues including entity formation and planning, business transactions, contract matters, business sales and purchases, intellectual property, securities matters, and business disputes.
Before starting his career as an attorney, Jordan’s passions for hobbyist programming and problem solving led him to start a successful Information Technology firm. For six years, Jordan worked with clients ranging from local small business owners to one of the largest law firms in America, and the projects he worked on ranged from simple database architecture to complex regular expression programming. Jordan’s past experience with managing complex technical projects and structuring deals with a variety of companies in different industries now gives him unique perspective and insight in his law practice.
Jordan built The Donaldson Law Firm on a client-focused model geared toward performing legal work with a high level of skill, proficiency, and meticulous care. Clients trust him to listen to their needs and to deliver expert, objective advice. He is business savvy, deeply passionate about the law and the legal system, and dedicated to serving his clients as an effective counselor.
Jordan graduated cum laude from Florida State University with a Bachelor of Science in Real Estate. He attended all four years on a full academic scholarship and received Dean’s List honors recognition during multiple semesters. He graduated at the top of his class in the FSU College of Business’ highly-ranked Real Estate Program and shortly thereafter received the professor-nominated Real Estate Graduate of the Year Award for overall academic performance. During his time at FSU, Jordan was active in the College of Business’ Real Estate Society.
Jordan went on to graduate from the Florida State University College of Law, where he was awarded the WP & Erin Shelley Academic Scholarship and again received Dean’s List honors recognition on multiple occasions. During law school, he was invited to join the Phi Delta Phi Honors Fraternity and was active in the school’s Student Bar Association. Jordan’s upper-level law school studies focused on all aspects of business, estate planning, and intellectual property law in addition to general civil trial practice. He focused his upper-level research and writing on copyright law inefficiencies and reform.
- American Bar Association
- The Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar
- The Business Law Section of The Florida Bar
- Static Law In A Kaleidoscopic World: A Practical Look At Modern Issues Surrounding The DMCA (2011)
- Jordan currently serves on the board of directors for Sunshine State Scholarship Foundation, Inc., the Official Scholarship Foundation of The Miss Florida Pageant.
- Jordan serves as a Volunteer Tax Preparer for the United Way VITA Program. He is a recipient of IRS Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced Certification in Tax Preparation.